Below are some Frequently Asked Questions that we receive from Vendors:
Q: What does GFM stand for?
A: Acronym for Gilbert Farmers Market.
Q: Is the GFM a Producer-Only Market?
A: Yes, since the market’s inception, the GFM has been a ‘Producer Only Market’.
Q: What type of products are allowed at the GFM?
A: The GFM is oriented towards local produce and locally prepared foods with some exceptions towards things that either cannot be produced here in Arizona or is not available through local companies. These exceptions are limited and usually apply to; tea, coffee, and seasonings.
Q: Does the GFM accept Craft Vendors?
A: The GFM is primarily a food market but does allow a limited (cannot exceed 10% of the overall market) amount of craft. Craft has to be made by the Vendor and needs to pertain to food and/or gardening.
Q: What is the cost for a Booth at the GFM?
A: The GFM is a flat fee market and booths range from $20 to $100 depending on their location and vendor type. There is also an Annual Fee which is part of the Approval process.
Q: What size Booths are Available at the GFM?
A: Most booths are a 10×10 (for a tent setup). Larger booths are available upon request and availability.
Q: What type of licenses are required to participate at the GFM?
A:Growers/Farmers are not required to have any licenses as long as they only sell raw vegetables. A farm inspection is the only requirement. If a farmer sells eggs, an Arizona Egg Producer License is required.
Food Vendors need a valid Maricopa Health Department Permit, Liability Insurance (see insurance), and a Town of Gilbert Transient License.
Food Trucks/Trailers are required to have the same licenses as a Food Vendor plus their truck/trailer needs to be inspected by the Gilbert Fire Department.
Craft/Other Vendors are required to have a Town of Gilbert Transient License and may be required to have a Liability Insurance depending on their product(s).
Q: Do I need Insurance?
A: All food producers are required to have a minimum of $1,000,000 insurance policy and list Sunny Markets, LLC AND the Town of Gilbert as additionally insured. We recommend that any business has insurance! For a quick quote, go to: Orbis Vestra
Q: Does the GFM give exclusivity to Vendors?
A: The GFM does not offer exclusivity at this time however we do limit the amount of a particular product sold.
Q: Is there power at the GFM?
A: No, at this time there is no power available at the GFM and special arrangements need to be made for vendors who require power.
Q: Is there water at the GFM?
A: Yes, at the Restrooms.
Q: Are Bathroom Facilities available at the GFM?
A: Yes, the GFM has 4 Bathrooms on site.
Q: Are Tents and Tables provided?
A: No, tent(s) and table(s) are each vendors responsibility.
Q: Are there covered Booths Available?
A: No space is currently available under the covered area.
Q: Is there vehicle access to the booth?
A: Yes, before and after the market. All vehicles must be out of the market 15 minutes prior to opening and may not enter until 15 minutes after closing.
Q: Where do Vendors park?
A: Within 350 feet of the actual market, in the back of the Park and Ride.
Q: Can I choose my location within the market?
A: No, new vendors are placed in available locations. Requests can be made however no vendor can be moved unless special arrangements have been made or a booth location has opened up.
Q: Is the GFM year round?
A: Yes, the GFM is year round and only closed for certain holidays (see About the Market for a list of dates.)
Q: What are the operating hours of the GFM?
A: Saturdays from 8 AM to 12 PM during fall/winter season (usually October through March).
Saturdays from 7 AM to 11 AM during summer season (usually April through September).
Please note that the hour change is weather dependent and varies year to year.
Q: Is the GFM come rain or shine?
A: Yes, the GFM operates come rain or shine.
Q: How many Vendors usually participate at the GFM?
A: During the summer the GFM is around 60 vendors and close to 100 vendors during the fall/spring.
Q: How many customers usually visit the GFM on a weekly basis?
A: The GFM has an average of 1000 customers per market during the summertime and an average of 2500 customers per market during the fall/spring.
Q: How to become a Vendor at the GFM?
A: Please find the Vendor Application Link in the Vendor Drop Down Menu on our website.
Q: What’s the process to become a Vendor at the GFM?
A: 1. Send in your Vendor Application. From here your application will go into the GFM Potential Vendor List.
2. When space (booth) becomes available, the GFM Vendor Committee sorts through the Potential Vendor List in order to find a suitable* new Vendor for that space.
3. Once a suitable* Vendor has been selected, the New Vendors will be contacted to start the approval process.
4. The approval process consists of:
– Approval Form along with the acceptance of the Rules and Regulations as well as the Indemnity (see Vendor Documents).
– All necessary licenses to be sent in (See Licenses).
5. Once all documents have been received, the New Vendor will be able to submit their schedule and start vending at the GFM.
*There are 10 questions the GFM look for in order to consider a New Vendor:
– Who produces the product and how well does it fall into the ‘local’ category?
– How unique is the product? Not only in general but also in comparison to our current Vendors?
– Will the product(s) complement other products already sold at the market?
– Will the product(s) work at the market (temperature requirements, etc…)?
– What does the product(s) look like, is it presentable?
– How does the Vendors booth setup look like, is it presentable?
– Will the Vendors booth setup work at the market (size, requirements, etc…)?
– Does the Vendor have all of his/her licenses?
– Is the Vendor active on social media?
– What type of schedule is the Vendor interested in?
For more information, please see the Vendor Portal: Vendor Portal